Monday, February 20, 2012

Solution For Storing Cupcake Liners

I was feeling rather inspired today for some reason.  In my quest to get my home organized, I came up with a rather inexpensive project to solve a rather pesky problem in my kitchen.  I don't currently do a lot of baking, but when I do I tend to make cupcakes rather than cakes.  Most of the baking and candy making in my home gets done at Christmas time.  However, I do somehow always seem to collect cupcake liners.  They were wasting space in an entire drawer in the kitchen.  We can't have that.

Here my solution to just such a problem.  These jars can be used for many problem areas throughout the home.   You can adjust them to fit your needs in any room.  

I started by purchasing two glass jars with sealed lids.  I purchased two of them at Michael's.  They just happen to be on sale this week for $2.99. 


The larger one stands approximately 6-1/2 inches, the smaller one about 4 inches.  I also found a pretty scrapbook paper on clearance for 49 cents.  It is two sided, so if I get tired of the pattern, I can always flip the paper to recycle.  


As you can see, I have a lot of cupcake liners.
I used less than one sheet of 12" x 12" paper (only about 3/4 of a sheet).  I eyeballed and marked each sheet so that the lid wouldn't cut into the paper.  I then used a straight cutter and cut each sheet.  I then placed each sheet in its respective jar.  I used a small piece of tape on the inside to hold it.


Once I liked the look, I printed a couple of labels.  I glued them, but they could be stuck with a small piece of tape or removable tape that can be found with the scrapbooking supplies.


They came out beautifully.  (Sorry about the horrible photos...I was in a hurry)
Did all the cupcake liners fit?  Well, yes that did!!  I was able to make two stacks wide in the small container.  Problem solved!

On to the next project.
I would love to hear your comments on this project.  Be honest.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment