Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Jewelry Storage Solution

As promised, I am sharing on of my newest completed projects.  I love to make jewelry whenever I am able.  Sometimes my body and hands do not cooperate with me.  However, when I can, I try to design new pieces to go with outfits that I have.  It isn't always cheaper, but at least I have jewelry that not only I designed myself, but are specific for the clothing that I wear.

Here is what I started out with.  It is a large piece...about 28" x 33".  My workable area measures approximately 20" x 27".  I purchased this at Hobby Lobby on a half price sale, and it already had the cork board back!


Then I added some large and small push pins, wire, hooks and name tag clips.  That's right, I made name tag clips work to my advantage here.


And then, the final product.


Not sure that I am completely done with it just yet, but I don't think it looks too bad for my first attempt.  Now to make some more jewelry to get it filled up...LOL.

Stay tuned for more projects I am working on.  I know I am not even close to done just yet.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment