Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Day at the Park

When you live amongst such beauty, how could you not enjoy photography?

I have always been the person you see with a camera in hand.  In fact, my friends have made fun of me for years for it.  They are also aware that if I am around, there chances of getting caught on camera is high.  I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing for them.

Today, I wanted to share another group of photos that I recently took at a local park.  This park has always been beautiful with a large pond, greenery and a cave.  Over the years, it became rundown and wasn't always the cleanest park in town.  However, recently the park board has been working very hard on cleaning up.  They redesigned the entire park, but left the best parts alone.  Now it is an enjoyable place to be again.

Enjoy!



This small stream flows from the cave inside the park.  The cave was discovered in the early 1800's and was used by the family that lived on the property for food storage.  

It is said that the cave was also used by Jesse James as a hide-out when he passed through this area robbing banks.  (We have alot of Jesse Jame cave hide-outs in this area--he must have liked caves alot!)




The new bridge.  The rocks holding it up were recycled from the old wall that surrounded the pond...awesome.

I loved this shot.  I was playing with the ISO to capture the water movement and ending up creating something looking like a painting.



After several years, the cave has been opened back up for touring.  One day when I am feeling capable and have the right shoes on, I think my camera and I will be heading inside.


Don't forget to look around you and enjoy the beauty God has given you.
Go out and create your world!


No comments:

Post a Comment