Monday, May 7, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelets

A few months ago, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is currently going through treatment and fighting the good fight.  She is one tough lady with lots of love and support around her.

As you know from previous posts, I really enjoy making jewelry in my spare time, especially chain maille jewelry.  I was working on some projects when I got the idea to make some breast cancer awareness pieces for all the women in the family to wear in support of our family member who was diagnosed.  I began gathering all the charms and beads I could find to get started.

Here is the result of countless hours of weaving.




The idea is that the family can wear these in support of her and when she is wearing her's, she can know that she has alot of support and love standing with her.  I can not imagine going through anything like that.  Like I said before, she is a strong lady.

I haven't made the decision to continue making these and selling them, but am considering it.  I also plan to make similar bracelets in support of fibromyalgia, the disease that I live with.

Currently, I am a hand brace (I like to call a cast, as it might as well be).  I have to wear it for three weeks.  At that time, I will be finding out whether or not I will be having surgery on my hand.  The only upside to this situation is that it is my left hand (I am right-handed).  The downside, I cannot do any jewelry making or crafts until the hand is fixed and working properly again.

Once again, this disease is trying to beat me.  It will not.  I am way to determined for that.

I hope that these designs inspire you to go out and create your world.


No comments:

Post a Comment