Friday, March 2, 2012

Reaching Out

It is a somber day for me.  For the first time in my life, my life is being directly impacted by breast cancer.  A week ago, my sister-in-law found out that she has breast cancer.  I have only known a handful of people that have had this disease...none as close as a loved one.

I continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers throughout everyday of the past week.  Today is her first treatment.  Thankfully she is a strong person already.  I know that she will not let this disease get her down without a fight.

Today I am asking for all those out there reading this blog to remember that breast cancer takes a lot of lives each year.  Early detection is the best defense.  Please take a moment and say a little prayer for all those affected and support research to stop this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment