Thursday, October 16, 2014

Christmas Card - Snowy Peaks and Trees

I recently had the opportunity to try out a new technique that I have found all over Pinterest.  It looked so difficult to do, but all the instructional videos and blogs stated that it was easy.  I just was not a believer until I tried it out for myself.  Guess what?  It was super easy.
 
I found as I put the first of the ink on the paper that it looked like it was going on too dark.  I simply sponged some of the dark ink out with a lighter shade.  It still did not look right to me.....until, I added the trees.  WOW! 
 
Here is what it came out to look like:
 
 
Not too bad for my first attempt, if I do say so myself (patting myself on the back).
 
As with most stampers and papercrafters, I have a mile long list of stamps, sets, dies, etc. that I want.  I never really considered Stampin' Up's Lovely As A Tree at the top.  It is now!
 
As I started this technique, I realized that in all of my hundreds of Christmas stamps, I didn't really have a good pine tree stamp.  My momentary solution was a gorgeous, glitter sticker sheet that I purchased at Hobby Lobby last season.  (It is by Paper Studios)
 
I think it worked out great for a test card.  I was also able to make this next card with the same type of sticker sheet.  This card turned out beautifully too.

 
After making these two cards, I got another of my bright ideas!  I will make some cards with some stickers that I have been holding on to!

As with many crafters, I purchase a lot of products with good intentions.  You know what they say about those.  So, I made the decision to create with my stickers, stamps and dies.  Any kreation you make it beautiful to someone, even if it isn't you.
 
I cannot say that I am overly proud of all the results, but I loved a lot of them.  Over the next week or so, I will be sharing them with you.
 
All of these cards can be found at my Ebay store. 
 
This week at the store, you can also find some new Sizzix Framelit Dies (circles, scallop circles and hearts).  They are a great price, so stop by and grab a deal!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment