Sunday, July 30, 2017

Christmas Joy Christmas Cards

Here it is nearly August and the entire country is in a heat wave.  How is it that I can be thinking of Christmas?  First of all, it always sneaks up on everyone every year.  It will be here before we know it.  Second, I have to be prepared because of my impending hand surgery.  Without the use of my hand from mid-August to nearly Thanksgiving, I have spent my summer racing to design as many Christmas cards as is humanly possible.

http://stores.ebay.com/kimberzkreations

I am that person who is always overly prepared and looking into the future.  I don't like to Christmas shop during the season and try to finish before Halloween.  It drives those around me crazy.  To me it is just normal.

http://stores.ebay.com/kimberzkreations

I found this Joy rubber stamp in my collection and realized that in the thousands of cards that I have made over the past couple of years, I had forgotten that I had it.  So, I quickly got it out and decided to play with some new embossing powder.

I love how the cards turned out.  I made several different styles and colors (I will be releasing more types soon).  With these three styles, I wanted to dress them up a bit more and try using the pine leaf die cuts from Stampin' Up's Pretty Pines.

http://stores.ebay.com/kimberzkreations

It is always wonderful to find new or forgotten rubber stamps in your collection.  I always use it as an opportunity to mix things up.  These cards don't actually have many layers, but with the embossing and the small amount of embellishments, it brought out the dimensions.

What do you think of these cards?  Can you think of any new ways I could use this particular stamp?


No comments:

Post a Comment