Wednesday, May 3, 2017

How It All Got Started

I rarely discuss how Kimberz Kreations came about.  So, today I thought I share how the business was molded and transformed into what it is today.

In 2002, I was working in to offices of our local police department.  I enjoyed the job, but it was only part time.  I longed for more.  Crafting and creating had always been a part of me for as long as I can remember.  My mother and I constantly crafted something.  We even had a craft booth for a while in the '90s.  I really missed it.

I decided one day to check out Ebay and see what all the hipe was.  It was still somewhat new in those days.  I always thought you had to have some way to purchase merchandise in order to sell it.  I didn't understand until that moment that you could not only sell used stuff, but handmade stuff.

At that time, I was making gift baskets and small gifts for people locally to fill my time.  I began creating Easter baskets and could barely keep up.  I made gift baskets and gifts for over a year.  This still wasn't THE THING.

That Christmas, I sat down to make my Christmas cards...just as I had for several years.  The lightbulb went off!  Everyone had always told me I should sell my cards.  I still had a few things to learn, but I had scrapbooked for years and decided why not.



I purchased a new set of rubber stamps and some pretty ink and began teaching myself how to properly stamp and assemble cards.  And the Kimberz Kreations you see today was born.

I no longer work, but stay home and create.  I love it!!  It isn't always easy to be my own boss, the it is satisfying to hear praise from my happy customers.  It is even more satisfying to see customers return for the next holiday.

If you have a dream, pursue it.  It definitely worth while.  As I tell my daughter, if it is too easy, it probably isn't worth it.  Happiness takes a bit of work.

If you would like to see what I am creating now, please take a moment to browse through the blog, or stop by one of my shops on Ebay or Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment