Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beaded Chain Mail Necklace and Bracelet

Spring is here and I am off to a running start.  Getting the outside ready for planting, yard clean-up and, of course, spring cleaning.  Who doesn't love that?

In my spare time, which has been lacking, I have been crafting chain maille jewelry designs.  I am not sure what it is about this form of jewelry making that makes me so creative, but I love it.  I have no problem seeing what how I want the piece to turn out and just putting it together.

Chain Maille is not necessarily a difficult form of jewelry making, but it is definitely tedious.  Some of the weaves can be very intricate and hard to keep track of if you are not concentrating.  Others, however, are fairly simple and self explanatory.

I discovered this technique on Pinterest, of course.  You can visit my boards for the links to many free tutorials on this techinique.  Just follow me on Pinterest, or go to http://pinterest.com/kimberzkreation/ and visit my Jewelry Inspiration board.

Here is my latest creation, an anklet/bracelet and necklace set.  I used the single spiral beaded technique on the anklet/bracelet, and combined a couple of different techniques/weaves on the necklace.  It has the single spiral beaded technique and the flower.






This was a difficult weave to get down while introducing beads.  But, for my first beaded chain maille design, I think it looks pretty good.

I hope that this inspires you in your jewelry making.
GO OUT AND CREATE YOUR WORLD!!



No comments:

Post a Comment